LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

The hills are alive, with the sound of groaning

Well I survived the first road bike ride of 2013. But not without significant back pain and wishing the Sheffield - Bamford round trip wasn't so hilly. Ads and Sarah Lee were really lovely, making sure I was okay and encouraging me. Made it fun despite the pain.

Here we are at what I thought was the top of a hill but turned out to be a false summit. There wasn't even an ice cream van at the real summit!




Last night I tried Ultimate Frisbee for the first time with a club at work. Oh my god it's hard. Basically sprinting about for an hour but with the added complication of having to think quickly to follow the play. I failed miserably at this multi-tasking. There aren't many things you voluntarily do at 38yrs old that involve looking stupid. I found it quite uncomfortable.

Can't say I'm looking forward to going again next week but I've signed up for a tournament at the end of July (it involves 300 men and a hogroast hence i said "yes") so have 3 months to get the hang of it.

I was really apprehensive about weighing in this morning. Eating had been good mon-thurs but as usual things slipped on Friday and Saturday. But it worked and I lost 3lbs taking me down to 13st 2. So I'm really kicking ass this week to get as close to possible to the 12s.

Long bank holiday weekends are not ideal for weight loss. I'm off to Wales camping for an activity weekend with a social group I just joined. No idea what the people will be like, but there are 40 of them so must be somebody nice?!
I'll have to do heaps if exercise from the choice of activities during the day so I can relax and enjoy the parties in the evening. And hopefully I won't die of hyperthermia overnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment