LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Moving in the right direction

This morning i spent 3 hours shovelling snow off the little lane that links my house to the main road. My neighbours' Dad joined me for the second shift and despite being in his late 60s he worked so hard. I hope I am that fit when I'm his age. This is just a third of what we cleared.


Matt spent the whole time in the house laying on the sofa, except for when he came out to test his car and promptly compacted all the snow we hadn't yet cleared.

Afterwards I walked through the snow to the local pub, by this stage bent over like a Neanderthal after all the shovelling. I asked if Millie the Labrador needed a walk as they are so busy at the weekends (the food is ah-may-zing!) that she sometimes doesn't get out enough. Unfortunately she'd already been out so I carried on alone.




The rest of this week has been good with four runs done. Once a week i do a longer route of 5miles but mostly i do 5k. For some reason this week my calves have stopped hurting all the way round which makes it so much more bearable. On Friday night I got Matt to drop me off on the way home from work so I could get a couple of miles extra in. It was, however too dark and I absolutely papped myself on this scary trail. Kept thinking I could see shadowy figures in the distance.



The scales are heading in the right direction: 8lbs lost so far this year but still a whopping 9lbs to shift to get back into lightest territory by the ski trip in 4 weeks. Maybe doable, just.

No comments:

Post a Comment