LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, 10 January 2012

What a difference a week makes, 168 little hours....

What a difference a week makes. 7 days of healthy eating and exercise and I feel better. For the five thousandth time I ask myself why I don't do this all the time?

Exercise: Goal is 6 cardio sessions a week.
Monday: 3hour hike in gale force winds
Tuesday: 30min jog
Wednesday: 40min jog
Thursday: 30min jog
Friday: 30min jog
Saturday: rest day, except for lots of pushing my car when it wouldn't start
Sunday: 2hr hike, half of it uphill with this 2stone gorgeous load on my back



Food: Need to eat more lean protein, less fat and not let things slip at the weekend. But not a bad start. My rough goal is 1200 cals per day.


Yesterdays run was more interval training as Sally has only one pace, fast, but has to walk in-between sprints. In contrast today's running buddy, Millie, was the same pace as me but seemed very relaxed and not out of breath. She'll be good for longer runs I reckon. It's fascinating how you can't always predict someone's running personality. She is also a gorgeously slim and pretty oriental lady. People seeing us coming towards them must've been surprised to see Vanessa Mae and Hagrid out for a run together! ;)

I hope this ski holiday in March works out. We've narrowed it down to two possible weeks so just need to find out how many people we've got and see if it's affordable. I'm so sick of having not having a partner I can ski, bike, hike, holiday, even walk to the bloomin' pub with. I know my friends have tried to make me feel better by pointing out that there are downsides to sharing the exercise experience with your fella. (like when they rocket off ahead leaving you behind cursing them). But you try explaining to people that the reason you're having to pay a 60% single supplement for your holiday is because your fella "doesn't do holidays" and then tell me I'm better off.
.....I am still in a really good mood so far this year though, honest! :)

1 comment:

Stephbospoon said...

Good to see you back!

Post a Comment