LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, 10 July 2011

7 things....

I am very late in thanking Ruby at Strictly Blooming for giving me a stylish blog award. If you saw my wardrobe contents you'd know the stylish bit isn't true but thanks for the award Ruby, well done on your brill loss so far and go for it with getting to your next goal for your holiday.
It looks like people I would have given the award to already have it (I should have responded earlier!) but I can at least fulfill the other part which is to share 7 things about myself people don't know. So here goes:

1) I lived in Nevada, US for a year when I was 10. I loved the great weather, skateboarding with my pals and being free to do all the sports that were more restricted to boys only back in the UK. I probably don't need to tell you I'm a bit of a tomboy, right?

2) I've only had two boyfriends in my 36 years, 1 proper job, but 14 cars. Something tells me I was looking for change/fulfilment in the wrong place?!

3) I tend to get fascinated by a new interest and spend hours reading up about it. Recent example being weight lifting. It's really not a good approach but I've always been the same and thankfully my family and Matt are patient or just switch off whilst I ramble on.

4) I'm not sure I can just be happy in a situation without always questioning whether or not I'm doing the right thing. It's exhausting.

Blimey, this is getting deep and I'm not even on the wine tonight!

5) I've never been on a beach holiday. I was completely obsessed with skiing (see point 3) when I was at school so I went on the school ski holidays instead of a summer holiday. I always wanted to do a ski season but met boyfriend number one just before university and so never did it. I had an enforced break from any holidays for years due to getting myself into debt. I then had a really disappointing holiday a couple of years ago when I realised with horror that I was too fat/unfit to enjoy skiing anymore.
I'm now with someone who doesn't like travelling hence still haven't been anywhere remotely beachy. Oh my god I've just realised we've been together for 3 years and we've only left the country once.....when we went to Wales.

.....Maybe one day I'll take a career break and do that ski season afterall.

6) I love cheese so much it hurts

7) Reading the above has seriously made me question what the hell I'm doing with my life!



3 comments:

Pedalling Polarcherry said...

i didn't know no1 but knew the others :)

Ruby said...

I am so with you on the cheese! That'll be cheese and wine for our goal meet then! ;-)

Hetty said...

Ooh yeah. Can't have one without the other!

Post a Comment