LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Friday, 3 June 2011

One massive bicep

Bear with....this first bit contains some car content but is vaguely fitness related:
Last night after having a disagreement with HPI (Him Permanently Indoors) I decided to spend some alone time polishing Bertie outside. Sometimes a repetitive but satisfying task is just what you need to take your mind off things.

So in a Karate Kid "wax on, wax off" stylee I spent two hours buffing him by hand (Bertie, not HPI, that'd smart a bit). Bare aluminium is a nightmare to polish and I just couldnt master the coordination to use my left hand so by the end I had a freakishly knurled claw for a right hand and a proper bo bicep. And I'll have to do it all again to get it even but it was a surprisingly good workout.

Shiny!



I haven't done much other exercise this week which has been very odd but kind of nice to have a break from the routine. And I am really looking forward to bootcamp tomorrow morning so that's a good sign.

After that I'm off to get my haircut which I hate doing so it's been 5 months since the last time. Its the whole sitting in front of the mirror thing i detest. Im a rubbish girl. I'm gonna go for something short and practical as I'm having to use two hairdryers at the same time to dry my current mop.

After that I'm meeting Manda in Buxton for afternoon drinkypoos. Last time I ended up hammered and doing ZZ Top impressions on the station platform so god knows what tomorrow will bring.

Next weekend I have my house to myself for the first time since HPI moved in last July. I'm torn between going to visit friends, having family round, having a massive party or enjoying the peace and quiet. I really think I need to have more time to myself as it's not enough having one opportunity like this per annum.

Sometimes I really wish I had my own place but am scared that if I go down that route I'll end up lonely and full of more regrets than I already have.

Mind you in the grand scheme of things it's not that important and i should stop whinging. Some good friends of mine had bad news this week and I would give anything to make it better for them.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Athena In Trainers said...

Ah sorry to hear your friends had bad news - I hate that feeling when you want to help but there's not much you can do except listen and be available.
I'm glad to read I'm not the only one to have done hardly any exercise this week ... next week must be better.

Hetty said...

Let's both kick ass with exercising next week. I might think of a challenge for next week to give me something to aim for. Thanks for the inspiration and lovely comment.

T said...

Thanks for thinking of us H. We love you lots. :-)
I must take a leaf or two out of your book and get back on track with the exercise and healthier eating (both proving a bit tricky at the mo and I know full well I'd feel better for both) and also updating my blog again. It ought to be quite cathartic getting some of these thoughts out of my head but equally they could end up being a full on swear fest.

Post a Comment