LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, 1 May 2011

What's been occurin'?

Didn't realise it had been so long since my last blog. And now of course I can't remember what's been occurrin. Starting with the good news: exercise has been going well. I'm steadily improving the weights and reps I can do at PT and really really enjoying the bootcamp sessions. Yesterday was the first time I cycled there (against the wind) did the bootcamp and then cycled home after choosing a more healthy breakfast at my fave cafe in Bakewell. It has a little courtyard surrounded by medieval looking buildings and gorgeous trees in blossom. Reckon I had an extra portion of veg from the amount of blossom landing in my food and drink! Haven't worked out how to insert a photo in the middle of a message when using my iPhone so will post them after.
I'm starting to see a difference in the muscle tone of my legs. Still a lot of flab and cellulite to banish but some progress at least.
Food and drink have been pretty terrible to be honest. Well, terrible from a diet point of view but absolutely freaking gorgeous from a taste point of view!! I'm almost looking forward to these long weekends ending as it's so much easier to stay on track with the usual routine. By the end of next week I'll be back on my game and hopefully seeing the weight start to come off again. Its been a wonderful plateau but time to get a move on.
Last week I did something totally silly from a financial point of view but something that made a 20year dream come true. I just hope it's not an early mid-life crisis. In fact, d'you know what I don't even care if it is. I like to think of it more like me starting to live to the full again and putting behind me all the divorce stuff, unhappiness with my weight, and social hermitism (if that's not a word, it is now!). So I went and bought my dream car last Wednesday and had a fantastic time driving down with my Dad to pick it up (he is entirely responsible for me being a petrolhead) and driving home in convoy. The car costs way less than your average family saloon or hatchback, has no windscreen nor roof but is the one I've always wanted. So much more than just metal bolted together, it's about me having something that is purely for fun, really makes me feel alive and fits who I really am: a bit silly, someone who doesn't take themselves seriously and isn't afraid of looking like a nutter. I don't think I ever would have had the confidence to do it if I hadnt started getting fit.
Yesterday I spent quite a while in the garden on my own with my iPod on trying to do 20 football keep-ups in a row. It did make me chuckle at one point when i wondered how many other 36year old women in the world were doing that same thing right then? I'm sure I can't be the only one who's starting to remember what having fun is all about and trying to stop worrying her life away, trying to control everything and please everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment