LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, 7 May 2011

Brain farts

Where the bloomin' heck did April go?! I'm so behind on my work because having had a week holiday and then lots of bank holidays I just haven't been there.

This week I had a two day meeting at Manchester Airport which had taken a lot of planning. I hardly sat down both days and did a lot of running around but I missed bootcamp on Wednesday night as we went out for a meal.

I'm always a bit apprehensive when going out with a big group of people I don't know, but it was great fun. I tried to pick healthyish options so went for smoked salmon to start and then lamb nicoise salad (which sounds odd but was delicious!). Everyone else had a dessert but I resisted. Let's gloss over the copious amounts of red wine I had though shall we?! I still got up at 6am to set up the meeting room so no hangover fortunately.

Yesterday I drove the rocket to work and it was my first time driving it in the rain. I was relieved to find that I had no problem with grip. The only difficulty was how to see properly with no windscreen wipers. There are little screens in front of you but no wipers and you can't reach the screen to wipe it once you're strapped in. I also got rain on my sunglasses which didn't help. I'm going to try some of that rain-x treatment which makes the water bead and roll off.






I also got a helmet for really cold and wet days. Will post a pic later so you can have a proper laugh at me!

I don't know if it was being tired or not eating enough yesterday but I felt really weird all day and this led to some serious brain farts. First of all I left my car keys on the bonnet of the car in plain view all day. I remembered at 3pm and must have broken some kind of sprint record running to the carpark (well, if they ever include an Olympic category for 14stone women in inappropriate shoes). Fortunately it was still there.
Getting into the car after a hard day at work involves way too many thought processes:
-Take the tonneau cover and side doors off, fold and cram into tiny boot.
-Put keys in ignition before getting in otherwise you can't see where to put them and can't get them out of your pocket.
-Lay harnesses out because once my big arse is in there ain't nothing getting past.
-Slide down into seat.
-Attach harnesses.
-Attach steering wheel (hoping you didn't leave it in the office).
-Put hat,gloves and sunglasses on.
-Start car.

Unfortunately I forgot one crucial step......
-put laptop in boot.

And instead chose to......
-DRIVE OVER LAPTOP

I did wonder what the scraping noise was when I pulled away but it was only when the front wheel popped up in the air that I remembered I'd left my rucksack on the ground in front of the car.
I then had to try to get out of the car in a hurry before anyone saw what had happened.
I don't know how but the laptop survived. It's a bit wonky but works. It wasn't even in a padded bag. I hope the security guys had a good laugh if they were watching the CCTV.

By the time I got home I had a massive headache and felt really dizzy so went to bed happy just to have survived the day.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

T said...

Blimey - sounds like a real contortionist job to get in the car! Glad the laptop survived. It could have been fun explaining that one.
You have earned your Team Bimbo wings for sure. :-)

T

Post a Comment