LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Wednesday, 13 April 2011

Second wind

During my holiday reflections I realise things have been slipping on the eating and drinking front since the beginning of March due to various excuses like birthday, work stress and holiday. I have at least kept up the exercise but it's not enough on its own.

I've only been back at work two days but already feel stressed out and have started waking up in the middle of the night worrying about stuff. When I get home the last thing I want to do is exercise even though I know it's exactly what would make me feel better. Much more so than a glass of wine or biscuit.

So it's time to get myself organised and reinstate the structure that worked up until March:

-Start food diary again. It definitely helps and I can't kid myself I'm doing well if I'm not.
-Blog more regularly. When I don't it's usually because I've been naughty!
-Restock the house with healthy food and get rid of the bad stuff.
-Give wine a miss for a couple of weeks and stick to diet mixers.
-Get exercise kit ready the night before.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I have the same trouble, I wake up in the night worrying and listing all my work activities needed for the next day and feel tired, I have to force myself into the gym. It really does help though, I sleep for longer before waking because I am so tired and I feel better that I managed to get some sort of workout in.

Forcing yourself for a while will help you create a habit then you will be wanting to do it just to help with your work stress.

The Diary is also a good idea, I don't leave the house without mine xx

starfish264 said...

Same here, dude, same here! I've recommitted for April - busy period at work, be damned! My social life is on hold since I'm working so much, I've given up booze for Lent, I'm doing my damnedest to stick to my food stuff, and I'm working out 4+ times a week. And I can tell you that going for a run or a class on my lunchtime, or before work, *does* make me feel better, because I'm not stressing so much / feeling so guilty. Back to it (with me)! Chop chop! :o)

Petra said...

I also find it hard to excercise in the evening, but you do feel so much better after. At least the need for the anti-stress-eating is not necessary anymore.
:-)

Hetty said...

Thanks so much for the fab advice and motivation. If you guys can do it so can I! :) xxx

Post a Comment